Sharing my top Summer ’18 products. Some are new to the line up and some are old favourties (hello $6 elf highlighter)!
- Esqido Voila Lash Gorgeous mink reusable lashes
- Glossier Cloud Paint has become my new favourite brand! I don’t know what took me so long to jump on the Glossier trend. The Cloud Paint is a cream-gel super lightweight formula but adds the perfect amount of tint to your cheeks. It comes in 4 shades and they are all perfect !
- ABH Soft Glam Palette is my go-to this Summer. You can create endless soft looks with these easy to blend and highly pigmented shadows!
- Maybelline Total Temptation Eyebrow Definer Deep brown. is perfect for travelling . Throw it in the makeup bag and use it without any need for an extra brush!
- IT Cosmetics Secret Sauce is a thick rich moisturizer that absorbs into the skin quickly! It reflects light so you always have a nice radiance to your face!
- Glossier Lip Gloss is a necessity in every makeup bag this Summer! I reach for lip gloss more in the Summer than I do any other time…not sure why! I have a lip gloss in every bag I own!
- IT Cosmetics Miracle Water 3 in 1 Tonic acts as a radiance booster, fights fine lines and cleans your skin. Another product I’ll take with me while travelling this Summer as it does the job of 3 products!
- Hourglass Veil Translucent Powder is an old-y but a good-y for me! I find I reach for this product more in the warmer seasons. I just like how it sets my foundation all day. It doesn’t really mattify my face, but it gives me an overall even complexion with a bit of radiant glow.
- Pixi Extra Eye Bright , besides Venti black coffee, is a can’t live without product for me. I look, not feel, wide awake! It lasts all day and I don’t have to set with eyeshadow like I do any other nude pencil. It won’t smudge or smear through out the day and it’s at a great price point! It’s a must have!
- IT Cosmetics, Bye Bye Undereye Full Coverage Concealer I ‘ve been using this concealer for years now. I briefly mention this product in my last post which you can read here. I’m hoping to write a more extensive review on this concealer in the near future, but for now let me tell you how great this product is. A little goes a long way. I have had mine for over a year now and it’s still half full. I really like the shade range ( I’m medium tan in the Summer) and I can apply it with my index finger perfectly so no need for a brush! Again, the amount of coverage you get from this concealer is like no other !
- Milani Colour Statement Lipstick, Sweet Nectar is for the wild ones this Summer! Don’t be boring, try out a vibrant colour to showcase your true personality! I am obsessed with Milani Lipsticks. The Colour Statement lipsticks are super super pigmented and totally affordable! I love that they are non-drying and super hydrating, but most of all I love the different shades they have. I think I’ll pick up uptown mauve next 🙂
- Dermalogica SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen isn’t the sexiest product I have on this list, but IMO it is the most important! I never ever leave the house without sunscreen and neither should you. This is an oil free , board spectrum sunscreen that won’t clog your pores and it’s super lightweight so you can wear it under makeup without any problems!
- Essie Nail Polish, Backseat Besties, is my favourite essie nail colour and essie is become my favourite nail brand! I have accumulated so many little bottles! I wear a different colour every other week. I really enjoy wearing bright nail colours during the warmer weather. Paired with a mani / pedi these colours look so cute!
- e.l.f. cosmetics Moonlight Pearl baked Highlighter is only $6 dollars ! For $6 this highlighter is amazing! It’s always sold out when I go to pick it up so when I do see it at my local drugstore I make sure to stock up. It applies really nicely and looks really subtle on the face. You can definitely be heavy handed and apply more to the face if your going for a glam look. As I wear it during the day, I prefer to apply it softly on the high points of my cheeks and cupids bow.
- NYX Makeup Setting Spray, Dewy Finish Nothing too exciting about a setting spray to be honest but this one is a keeper in my makeup bag. I use the Matte finish spray during the colder months and when the sun comes out, I bring out it’s more outing , lovable sister the Dewy finish spray! After I apply my makeup, day or night, I spray once, twice and thrice for good luck 🙂 This long lasting spray is around $8-10 dollars and rivals the most prestigious setting prays on the market. NYX ain’t kidding around when it comes to making your makeup last longer folks. This is the real deal!
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Medium When the sun comes out I put away the heavy foundations. No need for them. If I have any imperfections on the skin, I colour correct and then use concealer. NARS sheer Glow is one of the best on the market, IMO 🙂 It applies nicely and evenly. It’s not too thick or too watery as some lightweight foundations can be. It’s the perfect texture. A quarter sized drop and a half is good for me , but you can apply more if you feel necessary. Some advice from me, this foundation will have a learning curve to it. You may think 2-3 drops is good for you but as the day goes on the foundation settles and you may realize you put too much on or not enough. I suggest start with a quarter sized drop and half and see how your skin looks mid day. It’s makeup , it’s meant to be played with.