One of my favourite stores for trendy, casual and work wardrobe pieces is definitely Zara! I know I’m not the only one who walks into the store and wants everything! It seems Zara continues to create pieces that land on every bloggers most wanted list and I’m no exception. I found a few…ok more than a few pieces that I need to incorporate into my fall wardrobe this season.
- a great diverse culture that incorporates a multitude of religions and languages
- we invented and dominate hockey AND birthed Wayne Gretzky ( well Canada didn’t….Mrs.Gretzky did but still, you know what I mean)
- we’re a peaceful nation and EVERYONE in the world welcomes us to their country
- we have the cleanest water than any other nation ( it’s true!)
- 1/3 of Microsoft programmers come from the University of Waterloo in Canada ( that’s not really that interesting but it’s a Canadian fact and we should be proud of it!!)
- and last but not least we gave the world Bieber Fever…..right???
- No primer to tame your oily skin? Desperate times call for desperate measures! Add a thin layer of cornstarch to the oily areas only.
- Add your blush before foundation. This gives the illusion that the glow is coming from underneath the skin ( this trick is best for minimalist makeup applications).
- No need for gel or eyeliner pens, create a soft cat eye using only eyeshadow. Soft liner with eyeshadow is best used when you want a romantic look with loads of focus on the eyes.
- To get rid of under eye puffiness instantly; store your eye cream in the freezer for 5 minutes then apply right away and watch the puffiness vanish!
- Don’t have a matte lipstick handy? Apply your lipstick as per usual, grab a tissue and place over your lips then pat translucent powder over the tissue. Instant matte lips!
- Apply a white or a flesh tone eyeliner to your inner rims to look more awake ( celebrity makeup artists love doing this!)
- For a fuller pout, outline the outer rim of your lips with your concealer shade.This technique will not only give the illusion of fuller lips, but also lift them up!
- Dab colour corrector to your lips to neutralize the colour and make your lipstick shade more vibrant. ( Petra Strand, founder of Pixie by Petra, swears by this)
- Always , Always use a freshly sharpened lip liner to outline your lips. A pointy tip provides better precision and you’re guaranteed a gorgeous pout!
Happy Canada Day to all my Canadians across the world celebrating and honouring our beautiful country! Regardless of where we Canadians call home come July 1 2017, I know we’ll all be celebrating our amazing country from coast to coast! It’s no secret that I love my home and I’m a true patriot.
What’s not to love about Canada?
We have :
OK OK so my list isn’t comprehensive but you get the point….* insert dj Khaled voice * WE THE BEST!
With all seriousness,we are so lucky to live in this peaceful and diverse country!
I said it before and I will say it again, Thank you Canada !. Thank you for accepting this young refugee and her family into this amazing country and giving us another chance at LIFE! If I could hug you,Canada, I would but for now I honour you by continuing to teach my children the morals and values that we as Canadians hold so dear; to accept others for who they are regardless of their colour, creed or wealth status; to lend a helping hand to your neighbours when in need and most of all to come together as a community to give back to the place we all call Home.
XO Happy Canada Day!!!
P.S Here’s a look I did using the MAC Proud To Be Canadian Lipstick. I loved it so much I had to show it off to you all! Enjoy!
I’m always curious about what products other women carry around in their makeup bags so I thought I would share with you what I currently have in mine.
It seems that every month my makeup bag gets fuller and fuller with little treasures I find in the form of lipsticks,liners, foundation and mascara wands ! My bag travels everywhere with me !!I ‘ve been known to apply my makeup on the go like on the metro, in a cab and recently in my classroom! I’m a busy girl so when I need to freshen up I make sure I have all my essentials with me.
So by the title you’ve guessed it, this isn’t a beauty related blog post. Happy Canada day to all my fellow Canadians! How amazing is it that we live in this beautiful country and every year we gather to celebrate our achievements as Canadians!
Have I told you lovely readers that I, along with my 2 sisters and brother were born in Lebanon? At a time where safety and freedom were scarce and the war was about to begin pouring down on our beautiful homeland, my parents were provided with an opportunity to leave Lebanon for a safer place called “Canada”.The situation worsened quickly and so we fled Lebanon with little in our hands but much in our hearts. I recall my father telling us years after arriving in Canada that he had heard Canada was a good place to raise kids but he was unsure of how immigrants would be treated and he felt unsure of leaving all the comfort of his home. We will see, he would say.