Happy Canada Day to all my Canadians across the world celebrating and honouring our beautiful country! Regardless of where we Canadians call home come July 1 2017, I know we’ll all be celebrating our amazing country from coast to coast! It’s no secret that I love my home and I’m a true patriot.
What’s not to love about Canada?
We have :
- a great diverse culture that incorporates a multitude of religions and languages
- we invented and dominate hockey AND birthed Wayne Gretzky ( well Canada didn’t….Mrs.Gretzky did but still, you know what I mean)
- we’re a peaceful nation and EVERYONE in the world welcomes us to their country
- we have the cleanest water than any other nation ( it’s true!)
- 1/3 of Microsoft programmers come from the University of Waterloo in Canada ( that’s not really that interesting but it’s a Canadian fact and we should be proud of it!!)
- and last but not least we gave the world Bieber Fever…..right???
OK OK so my list isn’t comprehensive but you get the point….* insert dj Khaled voice * WE THE BEST!
With all seriousness,we are so lucky to live in this peaceful and diverse country!
I said it before and I will say it again, Thank you Canada !. Thank you for accepting this young refugee and her family into this amazing country and giving us another chance at LIFE! If I could hug you,Canada, I would but for now I honour you by continuing to teach my children the morals and values that we as Canadians hold so dear; to accept others for who they are regardless of their colour, creed or wealth status; to lend a helping hand to your neighbours when in need and most of all to come together as a community to give back to the place we all call Home.
XO Happy Canada Day!!!
P.S Here’s a look I did using the MAC Proud To Be Canadian Lipstick. I loved it so much I had to show it off to you all! Enjoy!